Monday, August 19, 2013
Signing up ShopLafayette by LafayetteTravel Sponsors.
ShopLafayette™ by LafayetteTravel
What is ShopLafayette?
ShopLafayette by LafayetteTravel is a campaign to promote shopping at Lafayette Parish businesses along with increasing overnight stays at hotels and motels. The campaign is intended to increase top of mind awareness for Lafayette as a travel destination.
What is the purpose?
The primary purpose is to increase retail sales and hotel/motel occupancy while promoting Lafayette as a place to shop and stay. Individuals, groups and families most likely include a shopping excursion when they travel of out town. The ShopLafayette campaign promotes the diversity of retail, overnight and events during the holiday season.
How will it work?
ShopLafayette by Lafayette.Travel is the marketing engine for promoting what already exists: retail outlets, overnight accommodations and events. All of these are reasons for people to come to Lafayette, especially during the holiday shopping season.
Promotional events and opportunities will be the foundation for media, PR, social media marketing and other campaign drivers.
Kick off promotion period in September including IND Style Show and related fashion/trunk shows.
Holiday Events (Cajun/Creole Christmas)
Holiday Shopping (November)
Last Minute Shopping (December)
Unlike EatLafayette™, which the campaign is modeled after, a store/outlet participation fee is not part of the process. The process would be very difficult with hundreds, if not thousands, of retailers.
Revenue to fund the campaign needs to come from single sources: shopping districts, organizations and other businesses that benefit from the effort.
Who can participate?
All merchants, retailers, restaurants and hotels in Lafayette Parish are included. Website listings and social media mentions are FREE. The campaign is NOT limited to locally-owned establishments.
Who will it target?
The campaign will target out of market media to encourage new dollars and overnight stays, especially during the weekends when hotel/motel occupancy is at its lowest.
This year’s promotional campaign dates are September 15 – December 31, 2013.
How is it marketed?
Paid media: television, print, radio, outdoor and online advertising
Social media: all platforms
Direct marketing: eNewsletters
Promotions: In store, social media, media and direct marketing giveaways, specials and others
Website: shopping districts and interactive map – shoplafayettela.com <http://shoplafayettela.com> .
How is it funded?
Lafayette Travel provided seed funding in 2012 and will continue as a major sponsor. Lafayette Travel also cycles in ShopLafayette ad into its current in and out of market media schedules. This provides a good base of marketing, but it alone is not enough to sustain the campaign.
Media and business sponsorships available are:
• $10,000 title sponsorship
ShopLafayette Sponsor benefits:
* Sponsor brand will appear on all advertising (TV and print as well as mentioned in radio spots), logo/link on the website and mention in all press releases. The sponsor has the opportunity to develop a promotion using the ShopLafayette theme and logo.
* Social media including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Vine, and Pinterest are leveraged to increase visibility for the sponsor and the campaign. Sponsors can send multiple messages, videos and photos to be posted on all social media.
* The website and all social media are maintained all year long. Posts encourage friends/fans to engage in ShopLafayette by supporting the restaurants and sponsors.
* Opportunity to script special messages on the weekly eNewsletter that has a database of over 10,000+ qualified emails.
* Shopping Centers and Malls sponsorships are only eligible at the $5,000 and above level, although all sponsorship offers will be considered during the inaugural year. Tagged and promotional support will be evaluated as well.
Posted by NewsSource at 12:24 PM